There has been information and misinformation about what ObamaCare means for individuals and small businesses. There have also been thousands of pages of law and regulations written about it. The truth is, it means different things for different people. And no matter who you are, whether you have health insurance or not, it means something for you. January 1st is the first of many deadlines when many of these requirements take effect.
Find out how to navigate your way through the new health insurance marketplace
- What is the individual Mandate and how does it affect me
- What is the employer mandate and what effect does that have on me as an owner or employee
- What obligations does a small employer have?
- What obligations does a large employer have (50 or more employee)
- Are there new purchasing restrictions I need to know about?
- What are these new exchanges and how do I access this new marketplace
- What is the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace?
- What do small businesses need to know to get ready for the SHOP?
- Do I have to ensure all of my employees?
- Will my business get tax credits?
- What if I am self employed?
Marjorie A. Cadogan is Executive Deputy Commissioner of the Human Resource Administration’s Office of Citywide Health Insurance Access (OCHIA). OCHIA works to connect New York City residents and…..
Mark DeRosa is a leading expert on employee benefits and health care reform. He has a 20 year proven track record of helping businesses provide cost-effective programs to employees while ensuring 100%….
Stana Nakhle is a Regional Coordinator for the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) of the New York State of Health, the Official Health Plan Marketplace. Established by the Governor’s executive……