One Fortunate NY Area Professional to Win a Makeover Worth Thousands at Major Trade Show
New York, NY April 26, 2012: One lucky small business owner (out of about 1,000 applicants) will win a head-to-toe-to-wallet makeover and consultations on a variety of topics from a team of national experts. The 24-hour transformation takes place at the New York XPO for Business, the largest small and mid-sized business conference in the Northeast, expected to attract more than 25,000 attendees. The 24-Makeover contest is the brainchild of Jane Applegate, best-selling author of 201 Great Ideas for Your Small Business and executive producer of The Applegate Group, Inc.
“So many small business owners are struggling with brand, marketing, technology, and financial challenges but they don’t necessarily have the resources to hire a team of experts to guide them,” said Marc Sherer, CEO of Event Management, which runs the New York XPO for Business. “We decided to work with Jane Applegate and her team this year to offer one of the business owners or professional attending our event thousands of dollars worth of services and coaching – absolutely free!”
“We expect to have over 1,000 applications from every industry you could imagine,” said Applegate. “In fact, we decided to select a runner-up as well to take advantage of all the help being offered by well-known consultants participating in the Makeover.” The 24-Hour Makeover includes:
- A new “look” by a professional stylist and portrait shot by a professional photographer
- Free email marketing services and QR codes from Pitney Bowes
- A mobile telecommunications review by Verizon Wireless
- A detailed business plan review by Rieva Lesonsky, a formal editorial director of Entrepreneur Magazine
- A new, cost-effective marketing strategy, developed by Nancy Michaels
- A PR assessment and press outreach tips from Nancy A. Shenker of theONswitch®
- A financial check-up by Dawn Fotopolus (www.bestsmallbizhelp.com)
- Social media tips and tricks from Melinda Emerson, aka “SmallBizLady.”
- Legal and tax tips from Cliff Ennico and John D’Aquila
- Tips for growing your business from Barry Moltz
- Fitness tips from Todd Weiss and franchise advice from Joel Libava
- Five hundred dollars worth of gift cards from Best Buy & T.J. Maxx
- A tech assessment sponsored by Microsoft by Robb Patterson of Progressive Computing Inc.
- And much more, so visit the 24-Hour Makeover Booth at the XPO
About The NY XPO for Business
The New York XPO for Business is the largest trade show and business conference for small businesses in the Northeast. It is produced by Event Management of Newington, Connecticut, a privately-held company with 20 years experience running business and consumer events. The XPO is developed with an Executive Team, which includes representatives of some of New York and national leading business organizations, associations, and thought-leaders, including Bloomberg, NAWBO, all five boroughs’ Chambers of Commerce, several major media partners, and the Better Business Bureau. For a complete list, seehttp://www.eventmanagement.org/newyork/committee.php.
Information about XPO attendees can be found at http://www.eventmanagement.org/newyork/demographics.php.
Pricing details can be found at http://www.eventmanagement.org/newyork/pricing.php