New York XPO for Business Offers FULL DAY of “Hot Topic” Sessions!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ‚ Contact: Marijane Funess 914.969.2900
New York, NY. ‚ (October 15, 2010) ‚Äì According to a recent Monster.com report, millions of recession-affected Americans are heading back to school to “reinvest in skill development and expand career horizons.” The 5th Annual New York XPO For Business offers a perfect opportunity to receive a “business education in a day” for free, October 20 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
The XPO is offering a jam-packed one-day course in small business management where attendees made timid by the business slowdown can take advantage of the “core curriculum” including:
- Overcoming business obstacles with Colleen DeBaise, Wall St. Journal Small Business editor at the kick-off breakfast
- Doing business in New York with recently appointed NYC Deputy Mayor for Economic Development, Robert K. Steel at the 5-Borough Chambers of Commerce Special Event
- Social media trends from Gary Vaynerchuk and Robert Scoble
“Electives” (36 free seminars) will feature such experts as
- Wendi Caplan-Carroll: successful e-marketing
- Nancy A. Shenker: achieving ‚Äúplatinum pr‚Äù in the online era
- Ramon Ray: using innovative technology to grow business
- Brian Reich, Managing Director, little m media & former White House Briefing Director for Al Gore: Building Your Brand in the Digital Age
Other can‚Äôt-miss topics include: healthcare, sales, marketing, advertising, business development, best business practices, capital access, and much more. CLICK HERE for the complete seminar schedule.
The expected 12,000 attendees and 300 exhibitors will end the ‚Äúschool day‚Äù with their new friends at the event‚Äôs After-Hours Networking Party, the largest business mixer in state history.
“Many small business owners have hunkered down in their offices, spending hours connecting online to build or rebuild a business,” according to Marc Sherer, President of Event Management, “The XPO is all about getting out and getting connected while learning and advancing skills — live and in person with peers and experts.”
The 2010 show floor will also include: SHOW FEATURES
- Sprint Demo Arena discover the latest 4G mobile applications and technologies
- Technology & Your Business Pavilion executive presentations, mini-seminars, panels and product demos
- Business Resource Pavilion, the largest information hub at the XPO featuring experts from over 30 leading city, state and federal agencies
- Time Warner Cable Business Class Cyber Caf√©, free coffee and internet in plush furniture provided by AFR Furniture Rental & Event Furnishings.
Admission to the XPO is free if you pre-register online: CLICK HERE
About the 2010 New York XPO For Business: It is presented by Time Warner Cable Business Class and Vu TelePresence and supported by Sprint, Constant Contact, Rackspace Hosting, The Hartford, Knob Creek, AFR Furniture Rental & Event Furnishings,Diversity Studio, Better Business Bureau ‚Äì Serving Metropolitan New York, Sobel Media, theONswitch, The Wall Street Journal, New York Post, New York Enterprise Report and Crain‚Äôs New York Business.
About Event Management: Event Management LLC is a Connecticut-based firm with over 20 years of experience in the production of major business shows and special events. Event Management produces trade shows throughout New England and New York. For additional information, visit www.EventManagement.org.